I used to be so terrible with money.
I used my credit card like a second bank account and I spent money like more of it was guaranteed in the future. We all know these are bad idea’s yet so many of us live like it.
After I discovered minimalism my spending habits changed automatically. I didn’t set myself rules or try and change my spending habits forcefully – the changes just took place of their own accord.
So my best money saving tip for you is simply become minimalist – research it, watch the documentaries, read the blogs and live the lifestyle. There are so many benefits but one I never foresaw was much more money in the bank which to me equals more freedom in the future.
Want less – Spend less.
- Set a budget every month – FOR EVERYTHING
- Track your daily spending
- Set up an automatic transfer of money into your savings account
- Set yourself financial goals to stay motivated
- Set up all standing order’s and direct debits for a few days after pay day
- Use websites like http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ for the cheapest deals on utilities/insurance/mortgages/loans.
- Cut up your credit card & stop adding to your debts
- Live within your means
- Look after what you already own – if possible repair or fix items before replacing them
- Sign up on https://www.freecycle.org/browse/UK – people give stuff away for free