I always find January a difficult month. It’s full of so much promise after the Christmas break and the start of a new year. For me it is the month for setting new goals and some self-care to ward off the January blues.
Now that we are at the last day and soon going into February I like to review how I spent my time and what I may have achieved. This is a new series reviewing the past month – each month. There was lots of rest and self-care in January but also time with loved ones and hobbies.
- I turned 33! It was a quiet birthday this year as it was the first day back to work after the Christmas break but there was some family time and lovely gifts!
- The husband got us tickets for the Warner Bros Studio – Harry Potter Experience and it was such a good day out. I’d love to go back again #harrypotterfan.
- I did one last big decluttering of my wardrobe and personal possessions. I am now slowly reviewing what I have left.
- I started research into jewellery making and discovered I have most of the tools I need already. The next step is to draw some designs and research stockists for materials.
- I started my Photography Course on Monday evenings and completed my first piece of homework. I am loving the course, the teacher and the people.
- We spent some weekends with friends and family and it all involved nice food!
- I got up at 6am last Sunday with the father-in-law and we shot photos of the beautiful sunrise at Oxlea’s Woods. It was cold and I was sleepy but I enjoyed every minute of it.
February plans include more meet up’s with friends/family, babysitting duties with my niece and nephew, a few birthdays and more photography.
How was your January?